Monday, February 23, 2009

I've been working hard lately, trying to get just the right photo the first time, straight out of the camera. The better I learn how to use my camera, obviously, the better my photos will be!

This however, wasn't one of those terrific shots to begin with. Oh, it was a good picture, but I saw that it had much more potential.

At the same time I'm learning to use my camera, I'm also increasing my Photoshop skills. This is a great program, and I've been using it for more than 7 years now. Even with all those years, there is still so much more to do with it. It seems to me sometimes that I've barely even scratched the surface!

So I took this pretty good photo into Photoshop. I did some cropping, color adjusting, some layer masks, blurring, erasing and much more! About 1 hour later I came up with the finished product. I can hear you asking, "Why spend so much time on one picture?" Well, look at the finished results and I hope you'll agree that it was time well spent!

I took this photo at my Mom and Dad's house last summer. If I ever want to get some great Flower Pictures, their house is THE place to go! Flowers all around the house, and some great diversity of flora too!

Here's the before and after together. What a difference huh!

Title: Black Eyed Susans
Size 8" X 10"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online